Thursday, January 30, 2014

Parsnips Taste Like Carrots on Steroids

So, as promised, I made the parsnip french fries. I went in to this with so much excitement and anticipation..
However, the moment I started cutting them up I knew I was going to possible dislike them... All I could smell was an intense carrot scent.
I like carrots, I guess.. but I wouldn't say they are my very favorite dish... or scent.. unless its in cake form ;)

here they are..



I REALLY wish I could have gotten past the carrot taste.. but it wasn't happening. Next time I will either just do baked potato wedges or baked sweet potato fries. Anything is OK in moderation :)

I also attempted a new recipe.. Tuna cakes. Sounds strange.. but trust me, they were Delicious and I was even able to get some shredded veggies in them. At 70 calories a serving.. I was totally OK with it




I'm not a fan of fish at all, but these were good! I paired mine with a salad and yogurt :)
So the parsnips were a no and the tuna was a yes.. 1 out of 2 isn't bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment