Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Grocery Shopping and Parsnip Fries

Today was a productive day! I have been so busy working the last week or so that I had to take my day off and catch up on some grocery shopping and errands. 

Right off the bat I realized that I had succumbed to one of my worst old habits...

I left the house with out eating breakfast. 

I realized this when I had already made it to Caribou and was grabbing a Latte Lite at DD.  This unfortunate incident had me googling DD menu's/calories for a healthy choice. I ended up with an egg white wake up wrap that was around 200 calories. Crisis avoided.. lesson learned!

I have also been thinking a lot about french fries lately.. the reasons are obvious.. 

French fries are the most amazing , salty, delicious, snack pretty good. 

I have been trying to find less starchy , less calorie filled alternatives and there were lots of contenders
butternut squash fries
Zucchini fries
Avocado fries { I just might try these something! love me some avocado!}
Carrot fries

.. which led me to purchase these,,


My very first parsnip purchase :) in hopes of turning them in to this..

{ You can find the original recipe here -- http://applecrumbles.wordpress.com/2009/03/31/parsnip-french-fries/}
:) to be continued tomorrow..

ohhhhh the suspense!!


No comments:

Post a Comment