Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Winner!!! .. And The Power of a Positive Attitude

What a wonderful week this has been so far, and a fast paced one as well. I woke up this morning thinking, " It isn't really Wednesday already, right?".

Last night was my second Bokwa class and a little more challenging then the first. The moves themselves are easier because I am getting the hang of them.. but I was tuckered out last night. I was also dangerously close to emailing my friend Christine before class to say " Never mind! , so sick! not tonight!" but I am very glad I didn't. The old Tina would have! But that is a bad habit of the past.. I am moving on, getting healthy and sticking with it!!!

Speaking of Habits!!! Something absolutely wonderful happened to me today! I had recently seen a post from a blog written for the Bangor Daily ," After the Couch", by Pattie Reaves. Pattie has accomplished her own weight loss journey and has run 4 marathons, 9 half marathons, and a couple 5ks.. 

I know!!!! ... Inspiring , right?!?!

Pattie asked us to respond to her blog regarding bad habits that we would like to break ( or possibly good habits we would like to instill ) and she would then chose a winner at the end of the week and they would receive a book that was essential to her own journey.. 


I knew right away that I needed to read this book, So either I would win it or I would purchase it :) I responded to Patties post from the heart.. 


And guess what?! I was chosen as the winner.

And that brings me to one of my favorite topics lately.. positivity.. Positive attitudes are contagious.. you put it out there and some one else IS going to catch it.. they are going to FEEL your excitement.. FEEL your emotion and your passion and they are going to take some of that way with them! You get back what you put out there :) I am a firm believer of that. 

Now, we all have struggles, and bad days and frustrations and weak moments..and that is OK.. but I think that if we can keep a smile on our face and embrace even the smallest of milestones and accomplishments, others are going to take notice.

And you know what happens when others take notice?? It spreads.. all of that good mojo takes off and you also gain a support system, and people who are truly rooting for your success. 

Its a beautiful thing!!! 

So thank you to Pattie! For the opportunity to win this book, and thank you to all of you who are in this with me! 

You can check out Patties blog here.. :D
After the couch

No comments:

Post a Comment