Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Key To My Success !

M-O-D-E-R-A-T-I-O-N...

Moderation.. such an easy concept to understand.. but for a chronic over-eater.. this little chunk of valuable information has always been lost to me. 

I UNDERSTOOD the importance.. but I made a choice to ignore it for the first 30 years of my life. 

Why be bothered with only eating a handful of baked lays chips and using my self control to stop while I am ahead. The old Tina would send Ron to the store for a bag of cheese bugles and a fruit pie at 8 pm.. 

and I would eat the entire thing while watching TV ( probably the latest episode of The biggest loser, none the less.. )

480 calories


Another 300 calories..

almost 800 calories combined.. That is more calories then I eat for both breakfast and lunch .. and I was eating it after a full day of meals when I wasn't even really hungry.. I just wanted to snack for the lack of anything better to do. 

Ohhhh sweet Moderation. How you have become my best loved practice. 

I have learned that I do not have to give up foods that I love. ( don't worry, bugles and fruit pies were both goners. ) 

I love chocolate, and cake, and cheese, and pizza and iced lattes.. and since this is a lifestyle change, I didn't want a lifestyle with out those foods I love. I have been able to accomplish that.. MODERATION!! :)


Tonight I was craving pizza :) So I made it at home with my own toppings and my own ingredients.. I know exactly what was put in to it.. you are looking at about 125 calories of pure love <3

I paired this with salad and some Eastern Maine Basketball games on TV.. great pair ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment