Saturday, February 15, 2014

Guilt Free French Toast Roll Ups

Tonight I ate like a queen.. :) 

First off, I want to tell every one how much I LOVE breakfast food. I truly believe that every restaurant should offer a breakfast menu 24/7 .. Delicious! 

After seeing a recipe for french toast roll ups multiple times on FB today .. I was craving them!  I decided to go ahead and indulge! But with out any guilt! 




150 Calorie french toast roll ups!
2 slices of low calorie bread with 45 or less calories per slice ( I used Sara Lee Multi grain 45 calories and Delightful) 

1 Tablespoon of jelly or jam , Low sugar ( I used Smucker's low sugar with only 25 calories per tablespoon)

1 Table spoon of cram cheese ( I used the fat free I had on hand with 35 calories per table spoon)

an egg or a few Tablespoons of egg beaters

sugar and cinnamon ( feel free to use a sugar substitute ) 

Flatten bread using a rolling pin . Spread on cream cheese and jam and roll. Roll the french toast roll up in egg and then in your cinnamon and sugar mix. 

Cook on medium heat in a pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. 

Yum- Yum- Yum. 

There are also many ways this could be varied.. PB, bananas, Nutella .. the options are limitless. 
I paired mine with Canadian bacon and some fresh fruit. I was very happy with the result!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment